This Popular Spice Burns Fat, Improves Your Circulation, Aids In Digestion, and Reduces Pain.
● Capsaicin is found in most hot peppers. It is what makes a hot pepper feel like your mouth is on fire.
● Capsaicin helps your body burn more fat during the day by inducing thermogenesis, which is the process by which your cells create heat energy. So, don’t be alarmed if you start to feel warm and begin to sweat lightly after adding a little cayenne pepper to your meal. It is a sign to you that your body is burning fat at an increased rate.
● Capsaicin also acts as an effective pain reliever. Your body makes a compound called substance P. When it is activated it sends pain signals to your brain and initiates an inflammatory reaction. When you apply capsaicin to a location of pain on your body, it depletes the amount of substance P in that area, thereby decreasing the sensation of pain.
● Capsaicin also helps to clear your nasal passages. If your nose is feeling a little “stuffy”, add a generous amount of cayenne pepper to your food, and you will feel some relief.
I came across a line of spicy health beverages in Whole Foods Markets that uses capsaicin as their main ingredient. The line of drinks is called Prometheus Springs. Their products are a great way to get the benefits of capsaicin in drink form. You can find out more information about their products and where to find them at http://www.prometheussprings.com/
Cayenne Pepper is packed with the following vitamins:
● Vitamin A is an antioxidant that is great for your immune system, eyes, and intestinal lining.
● Vitamin B complex is necessary for energy production.
● Vitamin C strengthens your immune system and aids in the production of collagen.
● Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant in your blood vessels, helping to neutralize free radicals and improve your circulation. Free radicals are oxidized molecules that can damage blood vessel walls.
● Vitamin K is necessary for blood clotting which helps you to stop bleeding when you get cut.
Cayenne Pepper aids in digestion
● It stimulates gastric juice production to help your body break down food more efficiently.
● It helps cleanse the digestive tract
● It also reduces gas build up.
Cayenne Pepper increases the efficacy of other herbs and supplements.
● Cayenne pepper contains oleoresin, which transports nutrients to where they are needed most.
Don’t be afraid to add a little spice to your food. When you enhance the flavor of your meal with cayenne pepper, you are: Enhancing your blood circulation, strengthening your immune system, neutralizing free radicals, decreasing pain and inflammation, improving your nutrition, improving your digestion, and increasing your metabolism. The next time you are in the spice aisle of the supermarket, pick up a bottle of cayenne pepper. It will add a little spice to your food and your health.